Hero Zone


“I can open up an ockean I can take a lot of sail, I can lose a lot of waters and I'll never have to bail. That’s I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam, I'm Popeye the sailor man!”


Popeye was a comic strip character, later featured in popular animated cartoons which been created by Elzie Crisler Segar. The first appearance of this character was in the daily King Features comic strip in Trimble Theatre on January 17, 1929. In 1933, Max and Dave Fleischer along with his Fleischer Studios adapted the Trimble Theater characters into series as cartoon shorts for Paramount Pictures. During 1980’s it comes to live-action film which starred by Robin Williams and Shelley Duvall and directed by Robert Altman.

The character was a middle aged independent sailor with a unique way of speaking, thinning red hair and muscular forearms with an anchor tattoos in the right arm. He had also corncob pipe who’s always present and which sometimes uses as steamships whistle. If you aware on his eye, which also been a mistaken characterization over the years it’s a generally depicted as having only one blue eye on his left. Popeye has a strange, comedy and sometimes supernatural adventures that takes him in all over the world and place him with conflict enemies such as the Sea Hag and the well known, Bluto. Olive Oyl or “Sweet pea” (it’s his terms of affection) was his love interest over 77 years which also loved by Bluto. Popeye has a superhuman strength where he believed that it comes or he had gained every time he ate spinach. On Popeye adventures and life it occasionally feature family members that have never appeared in the strip, and this Peepeye, Pupeye, Pipeye and Poopeye these are his look-alike nephews.
Posted by XXX Labels: , , , ,

7 comments:

dee_el07 said...

Nice movie review about popeye the sailor man.. =)

10/25/07, 10:23 AM
orezman said...

i used to watch this cartoon, eating spinach makes strong... :)

10/27/07, 9:40 AM
Gingercaily said...

popeye the sailor man,i used to love this show when i was a kid..i hate bluto..

10/31/07, 1:41 PM
Darkness23 said...

I had a lots of fun when I watched this cartoon with my cousins, I was just wondering what if Spinach did not exist what would happen to Popeye? Would he still be able to save Olive from Brutos?

11/1/07, 11:07 PM
harry said...

I never thought there was a movie of of this all time favorite cartoon series Popeye The Sailor Man. I remember when i was a child, i use to draw a small anchor sign in my arm like that one in popeye's arm.

11/2/07, 5:18 AM
Cheryll Cruz said...

a real fun and entertainment upon watching this. imagine til now, i kept watching popeye.

11/21/07, 10:49 AM
Cute Dogs said...

I remember this cartoon I find Popeye cute every time he ate the spinach and also the sound background

1/11/08, 5:03 AM
HERO ZONE: TM & 2007 Heroes and Villains Characters, Inc. SEO World © 2007 Philippines, Inc. All rights reserved. Hero Zone by SEO World